SWBA Brings You Information on Corona Virus Planning
Cities and regions around the world have started enforcing lockdowns to prevent the spread of the much publicized Corona virus. The Minnesota Department of Health and the CDC are urging businesses to be prepared to respond to ill employees and changing situations.
Steps You Can Take:
- Clean surfaces regularly. The EPA has compiled a list of cleaning products known to kill this strain of the virus.
- Have a Plan for Employee Absence. If the virus becomes widespread here in Minneapolis, you may experience staffing shortages while your employees recover. Consider how you will continue to operate with reduced staff, and consider cross-training staff to help cover for each other. If your employees can perform their work from home, consider allowing them to do so until the spread has been contained.
- Protect Your Workers. Review your sick leave policies, and encourage sick employees to stay home to prevent spreading illness to your remaining staff. Encourage anyone you work with to refer to the CDC travel notices before taking any trips.
- Protect Your Customers. Consider alternate ways to deliver your products and services without requiring face-to-face interactions during this time. For business that needs to be conducted in person, consider asking sick visitors to wear a mask or wait until they are better. Make hand sanitizers, tissues and other hygiene products available.
- Have a Plan for Potential Lockdown. We're hopeful that it won't come to a complete lockdown in Minneapolis to control the spread of this virus, but you may want to plan for the possibility. SWBA is reaching out to city officials to determine if they are considering such a move, and what provisions may be made for small businesses during that time. Watch the SWBA website and Facebook pages for updates. (We'll email any big news too)
- Refer to Accurate Information from the sources linked on the buttons below.
National Retailers Info
MN Department of Health